The role of inside sales is to engage, manage and develop our customers portfolio in line with company goals and directives. The role will require a large amount of telephone sales work, and will require a proactive and reactive communication with existing and new customers. this role would suit someone who is fast paced, enjoys selling and is achievement oriented.
· Proactive sales calls and account development via telephone
· Accurate and timely rate quotations, both verbal and written
· Management and maintenance customer accounts
· Identifying and securing of new business
· Ensure customer enquiries are responded professionally and in good time
· Target specific accounts and lines of business and implement specific rating policies in line with corporate guidelines
· Negotiating of GRI, Local Surcharge and Credit application to the benefit of our client.
· Regularly appraise management of competitors activities and/or developments and innovations in the market
· Handling of sales leads as required Liaison with customer service department
· Response and follow up of overseas sales leads
· To develop a good working knowledge and understanding of the IT systems that our client employs including but not limited to CRM
· To be fully conversant with the range of services that our client offers including but not limited to E-Commerce products
· Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory bodies and the company code of ethics
Key Skills and Attributes
· Good knowledge of shipping industry desirable.
· Strong drive for results mandatory.
· Customer Focused.
· Good relationship builder.
· Should possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Should demonstrate a strategic and flexible approach.
· Team Player
· Computer literature: Good all round knowledge of Microsoft Office suite