Reporting directly to the Team Leader Invoice Quality and Readsoft for the client based in Crawley. The OCR Executive is responsible for the accurate and efficient processing of all supplier invoices received by the SHG legal entities currently managed in the UK Finance Department.
It is vital that invoices are processed to schedule and in accordance with contractual arrangements, ensuring approvals and processes are within policy guidelines and to business standards, as well as handling and resolving all related queries.
What you will be doing:
The OCR Executive will be expected to effectively manage the initial process of all incoming supplier invoices and statements into the Accounts Payable Department. A good knowledge of scanning and workflow systems is essential to ensure that invoices are verified into the correct legal entity for the accounts payable approval processes and auto-matching systems.
Due to high volumes of incoming post and emails it is important every aspect of invoice management is well managed and the team are fully supported in their day to day duties and activities. In addition to ensuring the smooth running of the Readsoft workflows into MW, this role will have responsibility for the management of all invoice and statement uploads into MW.
The OCR Executive will need to deal with internal and external queries and be able to swiftly resolve escalations. The role will also include day to day duties such as identify and resolving issues escalated both internally and externally. There would be an expectation to promote exceptional working relationships with customers by dealing with queries in a prompt, efficient and professional manner.
What we are looking for:
· Experience in a busy Accounts Payable team where there is high volume transaction processing
· Experience in Readsoft would be an advantage
· Knowledge of Dynamics (AX) would be an advantage
· Experience in OCR is essential
· Experience in both Overhead and Overseas supplier invoicing is essential
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
· Good attention to detail and experience in managing supplier issues and queries
· Excellent organisation skills are required for this role
· Good problem solving, organisational skills and attention to detail
· Good influencing skills
· Able to step up and run the department and cover the Team Leader