To effectively supervise the Luton/Beds warehouse team so that all customer services, health and safety, security, quality and financial objectives are fully met.
The main critical job functions are:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for a team of staff that take care of all the Pick/Pack handling needs of LTN customers.
- Instrumental in the day to day running of the Pick/Pack area, managing order volumes, daily workload and continuous process improvement of the operation.
- Drives shipment handling accuracy, processes and adherence to strict procedures.
- Supervises and manages the shipment cross check process to identify, correct and prevent any errors prior to shipment despatch.
- Be flexible in the approach to work and be prepared to adapt to frequent challenges that arise, ensuring that cost efficiencies are paramount for both our client and the customer.
- Be a central point of contact for handling for Pick/Pack customers via the LTN Customer Service Team and their customers.
- On occasions support other areas of the warehouse operation as required.
- Train and develop team members in relevant SOPs/Work Instructions and Audits to the high standard expected for LTN
- The successful candidate will be responsible for all areas of health and safety and stringent security controls of the area.
- Key Holder
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- A proven track record in a dynamic warehouse environment.
- Although no real shifts there are different hours and should be willing to cover as and when required
- The ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written format.
- Effective people management skills.
- A flexible, open attitude, an ability to lead and motivate the warehouse team.
- Proactive with a high level of self-motivation and determination.
- Attention to detail in particular where any anomaly from shipment to product/pack level is identified.
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets whilst ensuring that all SOPs are adhered to.
Skill and Qualifications
- FLT Licence.
- Level CO Security as a minimum ideally CM
- Good warehousing management skills and attention to detail.
- PC Skills - Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and Microsoft office Outlook.
Full 5 year working history
Counter balance and reach truck license
Be CO trained
Experience in Pick & pack
Exceptional computer skills
Evidence of high Attention to detail
Health & safety aware within warehouse environment
Good customer service