Supervision of In Bound and Outbound processing of commercial freight.
Meeting all business KPIs and regulatory control compliance regarding Aviation Security, HM Customs ERTs, Health and Safety. Delivery of business excellence in the operational areas that provides a high-quality service for our customers.
Ensure safe and efficient use of all warehouse handling solutions.
Demonstrate strong leadership qualities to encourage and improve your team.
Ensure timely processing in all operational areas.
Maintain required target kilo yields on ULD container builds.
Develop and Improve Warehouse process.
Continually strive for better work practices and efficiencies.
Accurate data capture into in-house business IT solutions.
Work in accordance with the companys Standard Operations Procedures
Maintain a high standard of good housekeeping
To carry out, to the best of your ability, any reasonable request from your manager
To work within company Health and Safety guidelines.
To work within Dept. of Transport Aviation Security
To work within HM Customs rules and guidelines
Required professional experience: 2 years Supervisory experience and knowledge of Cargo operational warehouse processes. Essential - Experience in Team Leadership responsibilities.
Counterbalance Fork Truck Licence
Aviation Security Trained to NXCT level - Advantage
Ability to make knowledge-based decisions
Ability to lead and guide team members
Speed and accuracy of work
Comfortable with acting on reasonable management instructions
Encourage collaboration between Team Members
Ability to admit mistakes so we can learn from them
Punctual, honest, and courteous
Willing to learn new skills and working practices
Work well in a team and eager to assist others when required
Flexibility in hours of work
GBP30K per annum
Monday to Friday - 42.5 hrs
* We are only able to accept applications from candidates with previous experience for this role.
If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful.
As Warehouse Team Leader working on the products, you are responsible for the safe and efficient handling of all products moving through and stored in the facility. Your role is to not only be an active participant in the processes delivered within the facility but to also manage the team of Warehouse Executives, ensuring accuracy, compliance, customer service levels and a safe environment for all, delivered in line with standard operating procedures and with the utmost care and attention to detail.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Monitors and successfully attains key metrics each day that drive speed and accuracy from the team.
Supports warehouse team and management within all functions of the operation.
Review errors and non-conformances with warehouse team members and escalate as appropriate.
Ensure warehouse team have continual training and resources to perform their jobs.
Provides data to aid management with performance feedback and coaching.
Adequately reading, comprehending, and following all customer instructions and special requests.
Support Management on communication including schedules, departure times, etc.
Submit IT support tickets for hardware failures in a timely manner so as not to disrupt the operation.
Work with training, quality, and compliance departments to identify trends and provide support to associates for improvement.
Work closely with management to adjust work processes based on daily volume.
Flex within the team when high absenteeism or unexpected high volumes occur.
Identify process improvements to increase efficiency and reduce waste.
Test and implement system, process, and procedural changes to improve overall operation.
Efficient and secure handling of shipments at goods in and dispatch.
Accurate sortation and storage of all shipments, in line with defined and trained process.
Methodical hand search of all shipments, in line with defined and trained process.
Accurate and efficient use of hand-held scanning device to ensure inventory is maintained.
Accurate recording of data into the in-house system, in line with defined and trained process.
Verifying packages belong to the proper orders.
Verifying contents of packages match proper login descriptions.
Capture weight and dimensions for consolidated parcels.
Verification of shipping addresses on packages.
Properly affixing shipping labels and export documentation to shipments, ensuring accuracy.
Learning and complying with Dangerous Goods shipping Regulations and properly packaging, labelling, and marking Dangerous Goods shipments to ensure compliance with all applicable Regulations.
Adequately reading, comprehending, and following all customer instructions and special requests.
Assisting in loading and unloading of company vehicles, as required to do so.
Checking for damaged shipments and reporting any discrepancies.
Maintaining a clean and well-organized inventory and warehouse area.
General warehouse duties.
Compliance with DfT security, health & safety regulations, and HM Revenue & Customs regimes.
Completion of all Compliance training and abide by Compliance Policy and Procedures.
Exude exemplary customer service and consistently maintain a positive attitude.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
Strong leadership skills.
Team Player attitude.
Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance.
Ability to follow and carry out instruction with excellent attention to detail.
Positive and professional interpersonal skills.
Effective oral and written communication and can implement directions clearly.
1. In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the postholder may be required to perform other duties assigned by their Line Manager or suitable delegate. Subject to adequate experience and/or training.
2. To participate in the annual performance appraisal and objective setting scheme.
3. To work in accordance with all company policies including Health and Safety, Employment, Staff, Quality and Environmental.
4. It is important that during the employment with the Company and any time thereafter, that any information relating to the affairs of the Company is treated with the highest level of confidentiality.
Salary - up to GBP28,000 per annum
*If you have not heard back from us within 7 working days please assume you have been unsuccessful this time*
Our client a global logistics company based in Essex.
are currently seeking an experienced Logistics Operations manager.
to oversee the smooth running of the 3PL operation.
This is a very demanding position, must be experienced with managing staff, with direction within a warehouse distribution site.
Must be able to direct 6+ warehouse operatives,
Managing stock con
To drive the overall performance of our 3PLs using all reported information
Analysis, monitoring, and reporting of Monthly KPIs, budget and improvement plan to deliver annual targets
Management of warehouse and distributors agreements with 3PLs
Develop and implement the best logistics strategy
Liaising with all departments including accounts, sales, and operations
Handling any queries Must have:
Previously 3PL experience
Strong leadership skills
Outstanding communications skills
Stock organization experience
Applications must have a 5-year reference check.
To apply for this position, you must have worked in the UK. For the passed 5 years.
To supervise a team of 4 warehouse operatives, responsible for -
To devan oceanfreight containers (loose loaded and palletised).
To palletise loose cartons for putting away into bays.
To move pallets in/out of warehouse locations.
To load oceanfreight containers / trailers.
To receive and check inbound and outbound inventory.
To put away inventory and record in WMS System.
To pick/pack outbound orders.
Labelling of stock.
To operate forklift (counter balance and Flexi-Truck)
Person specification (inc. technical/professional requirements)
Forklift (Counter Balance & Flexi-Truck) licence (ideal - although training can be given).
Previous supervisory experience within similar environment.
Ideally familiar with WMS Warehouse Management Systems.
Good MS Excel / Office package skills
eCommerce Warehouse experience
Forklift (Counter-Balance) Licence.
Ideally Flexi-Truck Licence (not essential, as training will be given)
Special requirements (e.g. languages, extensive travel, driving qualifications)
Dedication and ownership of their remit.
Good time management and prioritisation skills.
Great customer service attitude.
Great attention to detail.
Good numeracy skills.
Flexibility - willing to work overtime
All employment with our client is subject to a current DBS
basic check. .
Additionally we have to check 5 years of employment
history & explore any apparent gaps. When we ask for
references we do not ask for opinions only the facts of
To supervise a team of 4 warehouse operatives.
Team is responsible for
Unloading/loading ocean freight containers & trailers.
Pallet movements - in/out of pallet racking bays.
Picking / Labelling Outbound Orders.
Building pallets / shrink-wrapping.
Ideal Skillset -
Previous Supervisory experience or enthusiastic person looking for advancement.
Counter-balance Forklift Trained.
Flexi-Truck Forklift Trained (training can be given).
Must be physically fit, as role involves lifting/unloading cartons.
Supervising team of 2 and liaising closely with the warehouse supervisor.
Managing eCommerce order processing through WMS system (3PL Central).
Checking orders are picked / packed / despatched - accurately and on time.
Customer service - responding to queries, requests, instructions etc.
Producing activity reports (from system).
Hours 8.30 to 5.00 (including 1 hour for lunch). In addition there would be a requirement for overtime to be worked, when necessary.
Package Salary up to GBP25,000 + commission bonus (when budgets are met).
Individual should ideally have good eCommerce/PickPack experience, be familiar with WMS (Warehouse Management Systems), familiar and adept at using MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), be flexible (able to work overtime, when required), be a team player.
To effectively supervise the Luton/Beds warehouse team so that all customer services, health and safety, security, quality and financial objectives are fully met.
The main critical job functions are:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for a team of staff that take care of all the Pick/Pack handling needs of LTN customers.
- Instrumental in the day to day running of the Pick/Pack area, managing order volumes, daily workload and continuous process improvement of the operation.
- Drives shipment handling accuracy, processes and adherence to strict procedures.
- Supervises and manages the shipment cross check process to identify, correct and prevent any errors prior to shipment despatch.
- Be flexible in the approach to work and be prepared to adapt to frequent challenges that arise, ensuring that cost efficiencies are paramount for both our client and the customer.
- Be a central point of contact for handling for Pick/Pack customers via the LTN Customer Service Team and their customers.
- On occasions support other areas of the warehouse operation as required.
- Train and develop team members in relevant SOPs/Work Instructions and Audits to the high standard expected for LTN
- The successful candidate will be responsible for all areas of health and safety and stringent security controls of the area.
- Key Holder
The successful applicant will demonstrate:
- A proven track record in a dynamic warehouse environment.
- Although no real shifts there are different hours and should be willing to cover as and when required
- The ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written format.
- Effective people management skills.
- A flexible, open attitude, an ability to lead and motivate the warehouse team.
- Proactive with a high level of self-motivation and determination.
- Attention to detail in particular where any anomaly from shipment to product/pack level is identified.
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets whilst ensuring that all SOPs are adhered to.
Skill and Qualifications
- FLT Licence.
- Level CO Security as a minimum ideally CM
- Good warehousing management skills and attention to detail.
- PC Skills - Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and Microsoft office Outlook.
Full 5 year working history
Counter balance and reach truck license
Be CO trained
Experience in Pick & pack
Exceptional computer skills
Evidence of high Attention to detail
Health & safety aware within warehouse environment
Good customer service