We are working with an established Freight Forwarder based near Slough, who are looking to recruit an Administration/ Shipping Assistant.
The successful candidate will eventually learn all aspects of air, sea, and European road freight logistics. Will Look at Trainee's or candidates with 6 months Experience+
Key Duties and Responsibilities
· Supporting the coordination and operations teams with a range of administration tasks
· Answering all incoming calls promptly and courteously, directing to the relevant person and/or taking messages
· Keeping accurate and up to date records on our Freight Management System
· Daily filing and periodic archiving
· Learning and assisting in all aspects of shipping fine art and antiques, arranging collections and deliveries from one destination to another, both domestic and international
· Learning and assisting in shipping via air freight, sea freight and road freight
· Raising files and preparing and processing all import and export documentation and the booking of the chosen method of transportation
· Efficiently handling all types of paperwork (which may include bills of lading, labelling, timesheets, and detailed condition reports with photos)
· Communication with our clients, guiding them through the process of art shipping of their artefacts from different locations (art professionals, collectors and transport companies etc)
· Providing certificates of shipment to clients
· Liaising with the warehouse on incoming/outgoing activities
· Invoicing: ensuring invoices are raised accurately and on time, as the job file requires
· Manage a number of jobs simultaneously including the timely booking of internal and external services e.g., transport, case making, freight etc.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
· Attention to detail, literate and numerate.
· Good computing skills, ability to use Word and Excel
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Oodles of enthusiasm and self-motivation
· A keenness to learn and progress as the company grows.
· Proactive attitude and willingness to take on responsibility.
· Personable, friendly, helpful, and positive
· The ability to be a team player and take ownership of assigned tasks.
Monday to Friday.
Please forward CV's to email@example.com
* If you do not hear from us within 7 days, your application has been unsuccessful.