Airfreight Import Manager
As an Airfreight Import Manager, youll use your talents to create innovative solutions and shape the future across our business. Join a global network of passionate experts - backed by the latest technology, to take your career to the next level.
We have a vacancy for an Import Manager to lead a dynamic team that undertakes a range of activities for the London Airfreight Station.
· Continuously grow customer service excellence and productivity effectiveness through development and process review.
· Engage and grow all people in area of responsibility through the implementation of Active Leadership.
· Responsible for the retention and growth of Key Accounts within the Region and for identifying key areas of added value to the customer.
· Lead customer reviews; identify hot spots ensuring KPIs and continuous improvement programmes are run in partnership with customers.
· Manage and develop existing customer relationships internally and externally to ensure they are committed and that their business is retained and opportunities for growth are leveraged.
· Manage implementation of all new key accounts to ensure successful for customer and company.
· Lead/participate in presentations to existing and potential customers.
· Participate where appropriate in relevant Industry Forums promoting Company.
· Manage Customs Compliance procedures and documentation.
· Maximise Gross Profit through Service Selection.
· Manage Carriers and Handling Agents to resolve exceptions and discrepancies as they arise.
· Maintain DfT compliance.
· Manage Key Performance Indicators
· Contribute to the First Choice continuous improvement program.
· Manage Weekly Team briefing sessions.
· Complete and Manage all statutory and mandatory training.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· Five or More years leadership experience within the Freight Forwarding Industry.
· Experience of HMRC procedures Essential
· Commercial awareness.
· Clear and concise communication skills (written and spoken).
· Processes Management.
· Ability to Lead a culture of continuous improvement.
· Inter-personal skills - Influencing, communication, relationship management, cultural awareness and ability to work across teams.
· Preferred knowledge of Cargowise operating system
The hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm but flexibility is required
Salary dependant on experience
* We are only able to accept applications from candidates with previous experience for this role.
If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful.