The Artwork Coordinator role is a new position, intended to support and expand the growing, business-critical High Value Works of Art section of our business. The role demands specialist knowledge of specific customs procedures, specialized handling knowledge and often complex booking arrangements. This can include the physical building/offloading of goods and in the case of airfreight, supervision at the aircraft side. A full training Program will be provided to cover these areas as required.
Working openly and collaboratively in a small operational team, good communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize and organize your workload are essential. A major aspect of the role will require communication with customers directly, so a positive attitude and friendly professional demeanor are also critical.
Key Responsibilities are
· Assisting the general administration of the Artwork Section.
· Data entry of work in NetFreight (Operational System).
· Assisting in customs documentation and entries, both import and export.
· Development of Knowledge of Air, Sea and Road Freight markets and procedures.
· Airline bookings, preparation of export documentation.
· Handling of original documents such as licenses, ATA Carnets, CITES in accordance with legislative requirements.
· Liaising with Transport Department to book collections, deliveries, airport transfers etc.
· Support the business in maintaining a positive and enjoyable working experience, aligned with our culture and values.
· Trips to Heathrow area airline handling sheds, HMRC / Border Force offices and other on-airport activities during business hours as required.
Upon completion of training and a probationary period, the role will require you to take part in a weekend rota scheme for monitoring of shipments, customs entry progression. This can include the physical building/offloading of goods and in the case of airfreight, supervision at the aircraft side. A full training program will be provided to cover these areas as required.
3 to 5 years of international freight forwarding experience, including UK/EU Customs related functions.
Experience in Imports and Exports, Air, Sea and Road desirable, Imports preferable including Customs entries
Strong knowledge and understanding of import/export laws.
CHIEF, CDS, CFSP and NES knowledge.
Proficiency in MS Office and CRM software.
Strong organisational and communication skills.
Experience in handling of ATA Carnets and CITES documents would be advantageous.
Full driving license.
Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm
Salary between GBP30K and GBP34K
** If you havent heard from us within 7 working days please assume you have been unsuccessful this time **