Courier Driver x4
Be responsible for the daily delivery and collection of all shipments and enhancing the customer experience at every stage. It is essential to ensure that the companys principals are ethos are demonstrated at all times
Specific Role Challenges (key focus areas/challenges expected for post holder)
· Meeting deadlines/working to tight timescales
· Physical demands - Be physically able to handle shipments while correctly following manual handling processes
· To project a high quality company image both internally and externally and provide the highest quality service to our customers at all times
· Demonstrate the ability to think fast and solve problems without negatively impacting our customers or the business
· Ability to identify and report through the correct channels any sales/development opportunities.
Activities & Responsibilities
· Accurately record working and driving hours to comply with road transport regulations.
· Complete daily safety checks, safe loading / securing load of vehicle, maintenance, legislative / regulations and adherence to company driving standards (including tachograph vehicles).
· Excellent planning and organizational skills
· Ability to make good decisions and work under pressure
· Adherence to all relevant operational policies
· Comply with all applicable security procedures and bring any potential security breaches or concerns to the attention of their supervisors
· Hold a shared responsibility for own development and willingness to attend training courses that will be required from time to time
· Complete multiple deliveries and collections of shipments of a variety of shapes, sizes and weights
· Maintain a high level of attention to detail
· Work within your service centre team to deliver expected results
· Sort and prioritise workload (including multiple route sort) to ensure time commitments are met.
· Check for 'cash on delivery' packages and ensure all monies are collected.
· Achieving targets in productivity, service, compliance and commercial.
· Safety and security: Adhere to country laws and regulations, company and third party rules and standards.
· Adhere to customs / import / export procedures.
· All employees are to bring any potential security breaches or concerns to the attention of their supervisors
The successful candidate will have:
· Full UK driving license
· C1, 7.5 ton License (preferred)
· Possession of, or would be prepared to obtain, a digital tachograph card
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Timetable -Monday to Friday & hours 09.00-18.30
GBP12.90 per working hour
**Please note 5-year history referencing & DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service) shall be applied once successful at initial interview**
**If you have not heard back from us within 7 working days please assume you have been unsuccessful **