Job description: Customs Entry Clerk
· Full time / permanent
· Salary: up to GBP35k
· Experience within a freight forwarding environment essential
· Experience entering declarations with clearance software essential
· Comprehensive knowledge of customs procedures and principles
· Experience with Datafreight advantageous
Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.30pm. Salary negotiable depending on experience.
Your key duties in this Customs Clearance Clerk role will include but are not limited to:
· Co-ordinating and completing Import/Export declarations for Road Freight shipments using customs software (ASM Sequoia).
· Checking Duty / VAT / Preferences / Tariff codes for each consignment to ensure entries are correct.
· Monitoring entries against relevant job files and using internal IT system to create files, including entering any necessary costs and charges.
· Keeping up to date with changes in regulations, laws and customs procedures
Skills and Experience required to be considered for this role:
· Excellent attention to details and communication skills
· Knowledge of Microsoft Excel would be an advantage.
· Knowledge of CDS and ASM Sequoia would be an advantage.
· Team player
· Experience within European Logistics or customs position.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
This role is purely customs entries.