We are recruiting for an experienced Export Operative to join our current team, to assist with the smooth running of the department.
Working 09:00-18:00 Monday to Friday, including a 1hr paid break per day.
The role of Export Operative will involve, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
· Ensure all export shipments are collected by the correct vehicle, the documentation is in order and they are exported to the client`s satisfaction.
· Ensure custom entries are completed correctly using the correct CPC code and the entry is scanned to the NES Folder.
· Complete quotations for new and existing clients.
· Send flight details to the client by Email or Fax and ensure the foreign agent is pre-alerted with full details.
· Ascertain the urgency of the shipment and decide the routing of the shipment accordingly.
· Liaise with foreign agents when required.
· POD the foreign agent on urgent shipments to ensure delivery has been achieved.
· Ensure the NES file is fully completed and check post flight shipment details; details to client.
· Ensure the file is up to-date and ready for charging out.
· Liaise with the accounts team regarding client credit agreements.
The knowledge, skills and experience required from our Export Operative is:
· Recent experience of working as an Export Operative/Clerk.
· Hold a full UK driving licence.
· Ability to prioritise and organise own workload to tight deadline.
· Strong communication skills: The ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
· Be a team player in the department and with members of staff from all other departments.
· Sound knowledge of IT - Word and Excel.
· Experience of Boxtop and/or eCustoms
· Knowledge of the local area and London.
Due to the nature of the role, there are also a number of compulsory checks that must be carried out:
1. A criminal record check - basic disclosure, carried out by the Disclosure & Barring Service.
2. A full 5 year reference history, with any gaps in employment scrutinised and accounted for.
3. A driving licence check.
Salary up to GBP35K depending on experience
* If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful