- Develop and implement financial processes and procedures to ensure compliance with account principles, regulations and to improve internal finance activities.
- Action some day-to-day transactions to support the smooth running of the finance assistant, including bank account reconciliation, staff expenses, company credit and debit card reconciliations, verifying balances and rectifying discrepancies.
- Overall management of the accounts inbox, taking responsibility for any complex reconciliations, contras, and escalations from the Finance Assistant.
- Direct any critical and urgent work to the Finance Assistant.
- Assist senior leaders with complex tour billing when required.
- Provide meaningful and insightful reporting for management review.
- Manage, mentor, and train the Finance Assistant sharing your knowledge and experience to help with daily, weekly, and monthly planning and prioritising.
- First line approval for supplier payments, ensuring the payment schedule is robust, efficient, and free from errors.
- Develop and maintain an effective control environment to limit any risks and exposure.
- Be the main point of contact to our external accountants, supporting when required and leading by example for any communication.
- When required, support month end processes so the management accounts can be produced on time.
- Measure finance performance against business plans, including P&L and various assets.
- Produce a robust fixed asset register and maintain.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager to manage our invoice query process and prompt sales billing.
- Attend weekly Ops meetings, building strong relationships with the team.
- Send weekly unbilled reports to Ops staff and chase for resolutions.
- Produce weekly accrued list from Sage to support management accounts.
Essential skills, qualifications, and experience
Minimum of five years experience in a similar role within the Freight Forwarding industry.
Experience working with multiple currencies.
Experience of using freight software. Boxtop ideally.
Sage or Xero experience
Intermediate to advance MS Excel skills.
Excellent accuracy and attention to detail
Ability to work under pressure with competing deadlines.
Strong time management skills
Experience working with highly confidential information that cannot be disclosed.
Demonstrable honesty and integrity
Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
Process and results driven attitude
Flexible in work approach
Self-motivated and professional
Positive attitude with the ability to assess any issues and come up with solutions.
Excellent communication skills
Desirable skills, qualifications, and experience
Boxtop highly desirable
Qualifications - either AAT, CIMA or ACCA qualified or part qualified
09:00 - 17:30 or 08:30 - 17:00
- GBP47k depending on experience.
* We are only able to accept applications from candidates with previous experience for this role.
If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful.