We are working with a Medium Sized Freight Forwarder who are looking to recruit for an Import Operative. (approx. 70% Air, 20% Road & 10% Sea Imports)
In return for all this, we require an Experienced Import Operative - the role involves, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
· Monitor pre-alerts from foreign agents and raise import files.
· Create records in the ERTS system ready for clearance.
· Ensure all relevant and legal documentation is in place for the Customs Clearance.
· Complete and check customs entries, checking the CPC to be used after receiving instructions from the client.
· Check the status of the clients deferment account and organise payment to HM Customs if funds are not available.
· Ensure the client file is completed with the release information before delivery is organised.
· Support the management with deliveries in transport department taking into consideration size, value, location and urgency of delivery.
· Carry out accurate and timely billing for client accounts.
· Undertake additional duties, or assist other members of staff, as may be reasonably requested by your manager or the directors.
The knowledge, skills and experience required from our Import Operative are:
· A full UK driving licence.
· A good knowledge of the English language, both verbal and written.
· Ability to prioritise and organise own workload to tight deadlines.
· Strong communication skills: the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
· Be a team player; by working well with members of staff across all departments.
· Sound knowledge of IT - Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook) and experience of using a CRM system.
· Experience of transporting valuable goods.
· Knowledge of E-customs Platform and/or Boxtop.
· Knowledge of the local area.
Working Monday to Friday 9am-6pm
Salary based on experience.
Please forward CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
· If you do not hear from us within 7 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.