Responsible for the effective co-ordination, progress chasing and management of all required communications specific to the day-to-day import/export of international freight forwarding shipments, into (Imports) and out of, (Exports) the United Kingdom, across all modes of international transportation, (air, ocean and surface), in line with customer requirements and contractual agreements in place.
· Establish a relationship as the trusted adviser and one stop shop
· Partner customers to advise, determine and qualify their shipping requirements.
· Obtain details (regulations, certificates, documentation) necessary for a full and accurate shipment quotation.
· Provide a best in service approach to ensure the customers request is fulfilled and satisfied.
· Offer advice and recommendations to customers to help customers achieve their end-to-end requirements
· Prepare profitable quotations accurately.
· Set shipping schedules and communicate with customers, deliverers, and ports to verify loading, departures and arrivals in a timely manner.
· Coordinate the day-to-day import and/or export of products, including reviewing orders and documents.
· Track and communicate all delays, damages, issues and work with the customer to resolve.
· Responsible for all aspects of air and/or ocean international operations such as customer service, data entry of shipments, operations and billing.
· Manage all aspects of tracking shipments to ensure shipment is moving as scheduled and update system immediately upon verification. Identify and rectify if a shipment has deviated from its schedule
· Coordinate recovery/delivery schedules with various cartage agents and international partners.
· Partner with local sales teams to communicate problems to customers, international partners and other stations, as needed.
· Ensure all customers SOP instructions are adhered to and AIT KPIs/tasks and guidelines are followed and met.
· Ensure all shipments are properly billed within company guidelines and timelines.
· Other duties and responsibilities will be assigned as business demands deem necessary.
· Process and comply with all requirements listed by regulatory agencies.
· Network with corresponding departments to ensure files are billed and posted prior to end of month
· Continuous learning through required compliance training and certifications of software and/or regulations.
· Assist with the day-to-day training of new team members and cross skilling where applicable with existing teammates.
· A team player who works well with others - being respectful to our teammates is a Core Value!
· A strong work ethic with an appreciation for ownership, independence, accountability and autonomy in your role.
· Growth mindset - being passionate about your craft, always looking for ways to improve yourself and the company, being open to change and doing things differently.
· Customer service focus - we serve a wide variety of customers, both internal and external, and building relationships is a part of our culture!
Other Skills We Hope to See:
· Customer Focus (knowing the customer business needs and acting accordingly; proactively addresses customer concerns. Assists business partners and customers to achieve their work goals via application of their own skills and knowledge; strives to provide consistent customer satisfaction.)
· Oral & Written Communication (Shaping & expressing ideas & information in an effective and professional manner. Uses appropriate grammar and choice of words in oral speech. Writes grammatically and uses appropriate business writing style.)
· Teamwork (Working as a productive member of a cohesive group toward a common goal. Offers support for other ideas and opinions. Expresses disagreement constructively. Provides assistance to others when needed. Shares his/her expertise with others.)
· Problem Solving (Having the ability to identify problems and issues of varying complexities and find effective solutions, considering multiple sides of an issue. Weighs consequences before making final decision. Not discouraged by ambiguous situations. Adjusts approach to achieve results.)
· Attention to Detail (Ensures ones own work are complete and accurate; monitors the quality of work, verifies information, checks the accuracy of own and others work; organizes information and materials for others to understand.)
· Level 3: 5 - 7 years minimum applied on the job and industry experience
· Applies fundamental concepts
· CargoWise software experience a plus.
· Educated to a good standard of GCSEs with Maths & English level 5/C preferred.
· A good standard of general computer skills - (knowledge in Microsoft Office; Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel would be advantageous.)
· Demonstrate ability to recognize process improvement opportunities and effectively communicate, implement change.
· Resolves non-routine problems with specialised knowledge
· Utilises established procedures but decides action within task
· Must be able to perform in a fast pace / high volume work environment.
· Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices
Monday to Friday 9am-5.30pm
Please forward CV's to email@example.com
* If you do not hear from us within 7 days , unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.