Our client is looking for an Inside Sales Executive
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify potential sales opportunities.
- Create portfolio of SME accounts for solicitation
- Solicit agreed portfolio of accounts with the view to gain additional business.
- Manage portfolio of SME accounts ensuring service delivery is executed.
- Complete and source rate quotations for all new target accounts and any existing accounts as directed and work alongside operations team to maximize profit.
- Follow up on sales leads and any quotes provided from previous week. Seek to grow existing accounts as directed.
- Analyze competitors in the marketplace.
- Meet and exceed revenue and profit targets
- Win new accounts
- Generate new leads and capture them on the internal CRM system
- Freight Forwarding Sales - all modes including Contract Logistics
- Generating sales quotes for new and existing clients
- Ensure that all new customers are fully aware of Company terms and conditions of trading, credit terms and that billing are in line with both company and customer expectations.
- To meet with the respective Operational Manager/s on a regular basis and review all areas of sales and service delivery activity to ensure the smooth introduction of new accounts.
- Actively look for ways to increase margin as per company key focus areas and in line with company and market trends.
- Ensure all Company accounts are regularly reviewed, and applicable charges are in line with market and prevailing company guidelines.
- Uses interpersonal skills to create and sustain effective relationships with business parties (e.g., suppliers, joint venture partners, industry groups) and colleagues. Be open to business approaches that meet mutual goals.
- Understand business principles and language, including the fundamentals of finance and profitability. Use this understanding and act in a way that contributes to Company performance and profitability.
- Manage new business opportunities through the CRM system. Complete a monthly report for management discussion.
· Monthly meetings with Commercial Director
· Weekly CRM updates
· Complete outgoing sales telephone calls - Number to be agreed.
· Complete quotations - Target to be agreed
Qualifications and required skills
· Demonstrable ability of generating new business opportunities within the freight forwarding industry
· Proactive, with a proven record of achieving revenue and profit targets
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to interact at all levels
· An understanding of freight forwarding operations and logistics capabilities would be preferable
· Excellent presentation and questioning skills
· Solutions oriented and innovative
· Minimum 2 years experience preferred
The hours to be worked are 9am to 5.30pm
Salary up to GBP37K depending on experience
* We are only able to accept applications from candidates with previous experience for this role.
If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful.