Multi-Modal Import Clerk
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Obtain charges and cargo release details from agents, airlines and shipping lines.
2. Submit customs clearances using ICE
3. Responsible for ensuring any payments due are made in advance of any shipment as
4. You will process all payments and raise necessary paperwork for accounting purposes in
line with company requirements.
5. Arrange the release and transportation of goods received to cargo importers.
6. Liaise daily with agents, partners, suppliers and clients to ensure the smooth and efficient
discharge of their duties.
7. Must have excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
8. You will be expected to negotiate terms and rates, so it is important that you have
previous experience in this area and are numerate.
9. You must also be familiar with industry standard computer programs and be able to
operate standard systems pertinent to the job.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the postholder may be required to
perform other duties assigned by the Company from time to time. Subject to adequate
experience and/or training.
To participate in the annual performance appraisal and objective setting scheme.
To work in accordance with all company policies including Health and Safety,
Employment, Staff, Quality and Environmental.
It is important that during the employment with the Company and any time thereafter, that
any information relating to the affairs of the Company is treated with the highest level of
To have a detailed knowledge of and apply the companys Business Plan in all aspects of
Support the Business Development Team / Key Account Managers as necessary
Good communication skills, as you'll be liaising with a variety of people, clarity in
communication, as problems could arise through inaccuracies
Organisational and planning skills
Teamwork, tact and good interpersonal skills
Good geographical knowledge
Sound industry knowledge
Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
Problem-solving ability, particularly when working under pressure
Accuracy and attention to detail
Numeracy and computer literacy.
* If you do not hear from us within 7 days your application has been unsuccessful