Our client is looking for an experienced Night Production Manager to keep tactical responsibility for implementing production strategy and strategic operational goals to exceed customer expectations for product quality, cost and delivery, maximising efficiency, optimising production levels and driving operational excellence.
Saturday - Wednesday
GBP35,000 - GBP38,000 pending experience.
· Proactively manage the production team to adhere to strict food hygiene rules and ensure the daily production is delivered.
· Hold regular performance reviews and set objectives for all production staff.
· Create team development plans and conduct training.
· Engage with the production team to ensure the current policies and procedures of the business are fully understood and implemented.
· Develop a good work ethic among the production staff, encouraging mutual trust, respect, and cooperation.
· Participate in settlement of grievances.
· Liaise and negotiate with customers and suppliers.
· Respond to any management/customer/supplier queries quickly and effectively.
· Comply with all food hygiene requirements and company procedures.
· Comply with all health and safety requirements, following company policies and procedures.
· Organise, plan, and prioritise work developing specific goals and plans to accomplish work.
· Record, store, or maintain information in written or electronic form.
· Administration of Production staff holidays / sickness / absence/ discipline and grievance
· Manage Production staff work schedules.
· Knowledge of company procedures and product control standards, instructing Production staff on these procedures and setting an example for the team
· Oversee the production process, drawing up a production schedule.
· Ensure that the production is cost effective.
· Decide what resources are required.
· Monitor the production processes and adjust schedules as needed.
· Monitor product standards and implement quality-control programmes.
· Liaise among different departments, e.g., suppliers, managers.
· Work with managers to implement the company's policies and goals.
· Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed.
· Lead and motivate a team of workers.
· Review worker performance.
· Experience in directing and supervising production personnel
· Possess technical knowledge and adaptable at all phases of the manufacturing processes.
· Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, such as Power Point, Word, and Excel
· Strong Customer Service mindset
· Ability to understand cost containment and budgetary principles.
· Keep up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to your job.
· Participate in team projects.
· Good Communication Skills in English (interpersonal, listening, written and oral) and a working knowledge of English.
· Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making abilities.
· Good planning, organisational and time management skills
· Experience of Food Hygiene and importance of good Health and Safety practice and procedures
· Ability to take accountability, make decisions and work on own initiative without supervision.
· A flexible approach to work to meet the needs of the business and the role.
* We are only able to accept applications from candidates with previous experience for this role.
If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful.