Monday - Friday Day shift
GBP47,000 - GBP53,000 per annum
Responsible for organisational effectiveness within the operations department by providing leadership and being the main point of contact for daily activities in addition to larger scale projects and workflow planning. Contributing to future project strategies, champion and implement policies and standard operating procedures.
· Follow, champion and lead by example on all Company Standard Operating Procedures.
· Support business objectives and implement any changes within the operations team to align with current goals and company strategies.
· Take an analytical approach, alongside logical and practical methods, to fine tune operational processes and their effectiveness for continuous improvement.
· Conduct Monthly Meetings to discuss performance, priorities and escalate any concerns.
· Take a very proactive approach to the operational workflow, lead peak planning and actively communicate with staff to support and assist them.
· Delegate work to make sure there is a fair split amongst the team to ensure effective production throughout the operation.
· Assist in the preparation of departmental budgets to support operational growth.
· Perform performance reviews with the operations team and maintain communication with the Senior Operations Director.
· Identify any operational training needs and have regular dialogue with the Senior Operations Director to implement training, mentoring and appropriate qualifications when required.
· Drive initiatives in the operations team to improve efficiencies and contribute to long term operational excellence.
· Manage and take ownership of Operations KPIs; implement and drive throughout the business to achieve Operational targets.
· Assist the in-house Customs Brokerage Team in any Border Force / HMRC compliance issues, whilst also maintaining correct procedures.
· Ownership of the disaster recovery plan created by the organisation that contains detailed instructions on how to respond to unplanned incidents such as natural disasters, power outages, cyber-attacks and any other disruptive events.
· Lead Facility Management, responsible for Health & Safety protocol and support operational procurement needs.
· 6+ years experience in managerial role.
· Ability to develop and implement improved ways of working.
· Experience in leading and coaching people to develop in their roles - holding regular performance reviews.
· Project Management experience in the Freight/ Logistics sector.
· Experience in developing departmental strategy and improving performance.
· Problem solving and agile approach in an ever-changing environment.
· Understands cost effectiveness and working within a Budget.
· Experienced in Custom Compliance and working with Border Force/HMRC.
· 5 Year History Check / clean DBS.
· Full UK Driving Licence.
· Strong communication skills - written & verbal; ability to connect with all levels of people.
· Excellent organisation skills.
· Microsoft Office Suite.
What our client will offer
· Annual Bonus
· Health Shield: Cash Plan Scheme
· GoodHabitz: Digital Learning Platform
· Costco Card
*If you do not hear back from us within 7 working days please assume you have been unsuccessful*