Our client are looking for an Operations Manager.
- The Operations Manager will be responsible for data entry, approving accounts payable, staff overtime authorisation, managing the Department staff, helping and creating organizational and program budgets in collaboration with the Senior Manager and other miscellaneous tasks.
- Reporting to the Senior Manager and serving as a member of the Management Team along with the Senior Manager and Directors of the Company. Primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the departments daily functions, contributing to the development and implementation of organizational strategies, policies and practices.
· Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations objectives-- specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
· Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of In-House and external Service Providers through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
· Play a significant role in long-term planning, and initiative geared toward operational excellence and source most effective services.
· Assist in the preparation of departments budget in coordination with the Senior Manager.
· Monitor and authorise all invoicing in the department.
· Manage the departments overtime and attendance.
· Assist in the recruitment and appointment of Operational staff up to Assistant Manager Level.
· Responsible for staff appraisals and staff development initiatives up to Assistant Manager Level.
· Set direction for Supervisors and Team Leaders in the development of staff knowledge and expertise.
· Act as a Quality Manager as required under IATA/GDP.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Focused and goal-oriented.
· High knowledge in Security requirements
· Experience and knowledge in GDP/ISO9001 are preferable.
Responsibilities by Function
· Assist in preparation of the departments budgets and planning process for the organization's annual budget with Senior Manager.
· Manage day to day approval of accounts receivable and payable producing reports as requested within Managerial Limits and monitor cash flow with guidance from Accounts.
· Reconcile and present monthly activities, generate year-end reports to the Senior Manager.
· Ensure that Accounting Departments requests are resolved and communicated in a timely manner to internal and external parties.
· Assist Senior Manager to develop long-range forecasts and maintain long-range financial plans.
· Prepare annual audit and liaise with all outside vendor.
· Manage functions within the department.
· Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services through improvements to each function well as coordination and communication between functions.
· Drive initiatives in the Operations team that contribute to long-term operational excellence.
· Provide consulting services on matters related to specialist forwarding services.
· Manage training programs for staff development.
· Provide hands on support for daily operational activities and backup any short-falls.
· Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategies as a member of the management team.
· Serve as primary liaison for claims, legal and compliance issues arising from operations.
· Oversee organizational insurance policies in conjunction with General Affairs.
· Develop staff management and infuse an open and collaborative direction and work style to maximise cross training within the Department.
· Implement an excellent and safe working environment in keeping the Security and Health and Safety policies of the Company under the guidance of Health & Safety Department.
· Delegate responsibilities efficiently and effectively.
· Monitor each departments activities in keeping with the guidelines set up by the management.
· Assist Senior Manager in logistic planning for outbound freight, obtaining quotations from third party services such as airlines, transport providers and packing services.
· Provide support with general administrational duties as required.
· Assist Senior Manager in preparing data for monthly financial and statistical reporting relating to Operational activities.
· Provide back up support for shop floor operational staff and Senior Manager in his absence and assist in any other reasonable duties requested for by Senior Manager.
Other Important Responsibilities: Transport Section/Security Manager
The salary is up to GBP42K + car or car allowance
The hours are 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday but flexibility is required
* We are only able to accept applications from candidates with previous experience for this role.
If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful.