Our client are looking for a Sales Executive to join their team selling Airfreight services.
Objective / Purpose of the Job:
To generate sales to achieve agreed targets, by introducing new customers, whilst maintaining and developing the existing client base. Visiting Customers on a regular basis, and sending Sales Leads to our key overseas partners.
Key Activities / Accountabilities:
1. To generate and follow up sales leads, visiting potential and existing customers to obtain new business at reasonable profit.
2. To develop and maintain effective business relationships with new and existing clients.
3. To offer a high standard of customer service to internal and external customers, by demonstrating a professional, helpful and positive manner, taking responsibility to ensure that work passed onto others is of high quality.
4. To undertake presentations, produce and present tenders and proposals for new business and provide quotations as required.
5. To build relationships with overseas agents, supporting sales visits to and from them, offering professional advice and providing them with sales leads in order to generate business.
6. To monitor and report on current developments in the market and information on competitors.
7. To work with Route Development Managers to promote specific markets and generate business, through a co-ordinated programme of targeted joint calls.
8. To demonstrate effective time management, through efficient use of time and resources and well organised route planning.
9. To provide accurate information to internal operations staff in order that all relevant administration can be completed efficiently.
10. To maintain an effective system of communication with the department, branches, other departments and customers and deal with any communication into and out of the department in a customer focused, professional manner.
11. To build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues throughout the Company.
12. To ensure that all activities operate within Company policies and procedures and to demonstrate a commitment to these through their own working practices.
13. Responsible for using CRM system to record all required information, and for ensuring that all other documentation, records and systems are accurate and kept up to date.
14. To strive to achieve all 3 sales targets as set by the Sales Management team, for Revenue, Sales Calls and Sales leads sent
15. To ensure that all rate tariffs are up to date, to maximize profits and limit losses
16. To prepare and present information for the management team as required, including the submission of weekly and monthly sales reports.
17. To comply with Aviation Security regulations, the Health and Safety statement and ISO and IIP procedures in all areas of responsibility.
18. To carry out such other duties as are within the scope and spirit of the job purpose and level of responsibility and offer support to other departments when required.
Essential Education and/or Training:
§ A preferred, but not essential, 2 years in the freight industry in a similar role
§ A preferred, but not essential, 2 years in a sales orientated role.
§ Minimum 5 GCSEs with A-C grade (Incl Maths and English)
Required Behavioural Competencies:
§ Motivated, self starter
§ Strong communication, organisational and time management skills
§ Be hands-on with a strong work ethic.
§ Target orientated.
§ To demonstrate a positive attitude, with the willingness to learn and an optimistic outlook.
Basic salary depends on experience circa GBP35K, plus commission and profit related pay bonus on top of the commission. OTE GBP45K
Car allowance of GBP500 per month
* We are only able to accept applications from candidates with previous experience for this role.
If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful.