Warehouse Forklift Operative
We are looking for an experienced warehouse forklift operative to work in the warehouse operation process and support the Warehouse Manager and his team to handle and maximize warehouse productivity.
This role requires an employee to work in the Warehouse and fully comply with its ETSF bonded area and our in-house Warehouse operation standard procedures.
Handling procedures will be a main key requirement of this role. Experience in pressurized environments while delivering first-class service to our customers and network will likely ensure success in this role. Preferably, to have a valid fork licence and previous experience in counter plate truck driving for this role.
To be successful as a warehouse operative, you should be a person with a dynamic personality, be punctual to work, be flexible with work shifts and be able to work overtime where required to support the Warehouse operation.
Main Responsibilities & Experience
· Responsible for unloading sea-freight containers and locating held houses.
· Loading and unloading inbound/ outbound vehicles
· Clear communication with the warehouse manager/ supervisor to ensure that all duties carried out are within the required company standard
· The ability to be able to operate efficiently in a busy and pressurized environment
· Ensure all handling and labelling are performed correctly and efficiently.
· Ability to work cooperatively with peers
· Operate a pump truck
· Palletising freight
· Breakdown PMC and freight, involving manual tipping of freight into yorks
· Proactive planning of all resources & activities when carrying out tasks.
· Continuous improvement and development within the industry.
· Knowledge of various Office and Microsoft programs
· Ensuring that the service provided meets the objectives and quality standards of the Company
· Responsible for good housekeeping
· Responsible for time management to ensure it arrives on time and does not delay the warehouse operation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: GBP12.00 - 13.00 per hour
· Company events
· Company pension
· Employee mentoring programme
· On-site parking
· Private medical insurance
· Store discount
Supplemental pay types:
· Performance bonus
· Warehouse operational work: 2 years (required)
· Nationwide Counterbalance Forklift Operator Licence (required)
· Forklift Licence (required)
A rotation of shifts, 1 week day shift 1 week late shift
· Day shift - 9:00h - 18:00h
· Late shift - 12:00h - 21:00h
**If you have not heard back from us within 7 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful**