Our client is looking for an experienced warehouse supervisor to manage and oversee all warehouse activities, ensure efficient processes, and maximize warehouse productivity. The warehouse supervisor's responsibilities include supervising employees, maintaining a Health & Safety environment, coordinating logistical processes, ensuring the quality of goods, and preparing relevant documentation.
To be successful as a warehouse supervisor, you should be experienced in optimizing warehousing processes and be an effective team leader. An outstanding warehouse supervisor should be dependable and have excellent organizational and time management skills.
Warehouse Supervisor Responsibilities:
· Supervising warehouse staff and daily activities
· Managing, evaluating and reporting on warehouse productivity.
· Tracking and coordinating the receipt, storage, and timely delivery of goods and materials.
· Ordering supplies and maintaining suitable inventory levels.
· Checking orders, bills, items/freight received, inventory, and deliveries for accuracy.
· Maintain the warehouse premises in tidy and clean order
· Maintaining records, reporting relevant information and preparing any necessary documentation in relation to shipments and freight due to be Inbound/Outbound the warehouse
· Ensuring basic maintenance standards and compliance with health and safety regulations.
· Performing a daily inspection of the warehouse grounds.
· Coordinating and maintaining fleets and equipment.
· Communicating and coordinating with other departments and customers.
· ETSF and General storage warehouse stock checks
Warehouse Supervisor Requirements:
· Previous experience as a warehouse supervisor or a similar supportive position in a 15,000sqf facility or bigger.
· Has a valid Forklift Operator Licence and a minimum of 2 years of Forklift operating experience
· Valid UK Driving Licence - picks ups from LHR of freight back to site if required
· Previous experience working in a Bonded warehouse facility and being familiar and compliant with ETSF procedures
· Working experience and knowledge of Customs procedures for Import/Export
· Strong working knowledge of warehouse operations and supervision.
· Time management skills and the ability to delegate
· Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and data entry software, preferably in ASM Sequoia software or other relevant Customs software platforms
· Problem-solving skills and I can-do attitude
· Have excellent punctuality to work and Company procedures, rules and regulations
· Ensuring good verbal and written dialogue with internal and external contacts/users
· Have excellent communicative skills with staff, peers, and Clients
· Telephone skills
Shift work: this role involves a weekend shift depending on Company's work arrangement. You will be given days off during the week when the weekend shift is needed or paid overtime. Work on Bank holidays is required
Flexible Working Hours: due to the nature of the work with international stakeholders, you may be required to adapt to flexible working hours and ensure maximum work efficiency per the business's needs and demands to perform your role successfully.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: GBP28,000.00-GBP30,000.00 per year
· Company events
· Company pension
· Employee mentoring programme
· On-site parking
· Private medical insurance
· Store discount
· 8-hour shift
· Early shift
· Late shift
Supplemental pay types:
· Performance bonus
**If you have not heard back from us within 7 working days please assume you have been unsuccessful this time**
Top of Form