Our client is looking to recruit an Airfreight Manager
To build a new department - must have a solid Airfreight background, with own ideas, how to build a new team. Dealing with a huge contract that is already in place.
· Management of Airfreight accounts including quotations, bookings, invoicing and general daily duties relating to the department
· Ensuring clients needs and expectations are met and where possible exceeded in a timely and cost-effective manner
· Assisting the Directors in development of the department and Company as a whole
· Working with the Directors to maximize the profits for both the Airfreight department and the Company as a whole
· Quoting for and supervising of all Airfreight bookings
· Creating jobs in the company Freight management System
· Invoicing for Airfreight department in a timely manner
· Liaise with accounts department with any sales/cost queries.
· Assisting the Directors in identifying and developing of new accounts/business lanes
· Ensuring that clients satisfaction is met and if possible exceeded
· Working with the Directors to create and achieve departmental and personal budget
· Good general knowledge of Airfreight with specific knowledge of dealing with Letters of Credits and Consular documentation
· Extensive network of supplier contacts both domestic and overseas within the Air Cargo industry which will allow for effective and efficient purchase of services.
Must be sharp with an excellent work ethic. This is a good opportunity for the right person.
Must have a solid Freight Forwarding background.