This role is for a Bar Supervisor based in a 4-5* hotel in Ascot.
To be responsible for the smooth running of the bar operations in the Restaurant and to ensure that a high level of business in maintained.
Essential Functions & Physical Requirements
· Ensure that the bar and appropriate back of house and preparation areas are kept clean and orderly at all times
· Guarantee that the highest standard of service and product is delivered is delivered to our guests at all times.
· To have a high level of presence within the bar and operation and to be confident in communicating with guests to ensure that their expectations are met and exceeded.
· Ensure that all event billing and cashiering is conducted as per the required standards.
· Lead by example through a hands on approach in order to motivate and coach the operations team to excel.
· Be responsible for closing the bar at the end of the evening.
· Create and implement new cocktails
· Provide training on beverage and cocktails to the team.
· Perform stock rotation and stock inventories.
· To create and maintain a team environment and to motivate and train team members to achieve the required standards, therefore meeting and exceeding the guests expectations .
· Create a memorable experience for all guests
· Be able to set the bar and bar area to the standards required
· Gain knowledge of all the wine, drinks, cocktail and food products sold in the hotel and be able to communicate offerings to the guests
· Run the bar in line with the hotel standards
· Communicate effectively to guests, colleagues and superiors
· Flexible in working to the needs of the business and department
· To operate POS system as required
· To maximize sales through the effective use of up selling techniques
Qualifications and Desirables
Hotel diploma or equivalent would be an advantage
Previous experience in a similar position is required
4 or 5 star bar/restaurant experience
Cocktail, wine and food knowledge
Excellent command of the English language
Excellent interpersonal skills
* We are only able to accept applications from candidates with previous experience for this role.
If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful.