Junior Sous Chef
£24000 - £30000
We have a client based in Ascot, who are looking for an experienced Junior Sous Chef, Preferably a car driver as not on a bus route
Reporting to the Executive Chef, Senior Sous Chef and Sous Chef
You will be responsible for: Chef de Partie, Demi Chef and Commis
Assist the Sous Chef and the Executive Chef run the kitchen enabling the team to achieve the highest levels of standards and services.
Providing support to the front of house team to ensure exceptional customer care.
* Run an environment that is clean, tidy and organised at all times.
* Plan the day to day running of all sections of each kitchen (banqueting, breakfast, room service, and staff food) effectively to meet the service standards. This will mean constant training, supervision, and forecasting in line with the hotels business needs.
* Control, with the aid of the Sous Chef, all the operating costs within all the food outlets to the agreed budgets set
.* Have a flexible ability to respond to business and the clients needs. Give full understanding and guidance to a colleague requiring assistance in a difficult situation, using a caring and supporting Manner.
* carry out quality checks on stock, produce and dishes along with offering training, and understanding of the products to keep the team focussed and allowing them to evolve as chefs.
* To be able to run, look after and make decisions in the operation during the absence of the head chef.
* Manage Rotas for all teams you are responsible for to be completed within the set deadlines and sent to the Head Chef.
* Attend and run meetings as and when required.
Education/qualification: Essential: City & Guild 7061/7062, NVQ Level 1, 2 & 3. Desirables: COSHH and 1st Aid
Experience: Essential: Hotel Restaurant Background, Desirables: Michelin Star, AA Rosette
Knowledge: Good understanding of food, safety and hygiene. Desirables: General kitchen and food knowledge
Skills: Flexible ability to respond to business and client needs, Desirables: Good Interpersonal Skills.
Behavioural Competencies: Well Presented, Desirable: Good sense of humour
If this position is of interest to you, then please call Julia on: 07701008938 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org