Our client is looking for an Events Executive to join their team.
Assist the Events Sales team to deliver outstanding events for all of our guests.
What you'll do
· Report into the Director of Events and work alongside the Sales Team, Guest Services, Kitchen and Banqueting teams
· To understand and be fully conversant with Opera, the website, intranet, e-mail, and other office applications.
· Have previous experience with working with an event sales operating system (such as Delphi, HART, Salesforce etc).
· To meet prospective clients and conduct show-rounds for both arranged appointments and ad hoc visitors, for Events and Groups business
· To assist the Group and Events Sales Team in negotiating for business, including hotel site inspections and the entertainment of clients, travel agents etc
· To collate and organise all pre event details to include event schedules, external suppliers, rooming lists, deposit schedules and food and beverage detail.
· To meet with prospective couples for weddings, managing their full details, attending menu tastings as well as overseeing the wedding on the day.
· To finalise event invoices and manage final payments.
· To be responsible for the communication of all Event and Group activity to the front line team, through the distribution of timely and detailed Banqueting Event Orders, memos, summaries and in the providing of support for the hotel departments for all requirements of the guest arrival, stay and departure
· To actively promote and up-sell the services and facilities available to guests within the hotel, promoting profitable revenue from other outlets (e.g. restaurants, spa, polo, valet etc)
Health & Safety
Comply with all statutory and company health and safety, fire, bomb and security regulations
Ensure job required certificates are kept up to date
Along with your main duties you may be asked to complete other tasks and duties as and when necessary and reasonably required
You may on occasion be required to adjust your hours of work to cover the business needs.
You will be required to work at least one Saturday a month
What you'll bring
· 5 star hospitality experience
· Working with an event sales PMS
· Well organised
· Interpersonal skills
**If you have not heard back from us within 7 working days please assume you have been unsuccessful**