Job Title: Junior Warehouse Freight Operative/Office Administrator - based in Aldershot area
Job Description/Role: As Junior Warehouse Operative/Office Administrator, your role shall encompass the following:-
· Loading and unloading delivery vehicles by hand;
· Checking goods/tallying that are delivered by supplier vehicles accurately before booking goods in; including checking thoroughly for damaged or missing items and taking appropriate action in line with Company's procedures;
· Handling all consignments with due care; including when offloading and re-loading;
· Load vehicles in a safe, presentable manner and highlight errors and damages prior to completion.
· Ensure that all goods are loaded on the relevant lorry and nothing is left behind.
· Keeping a careful record of stock on the warehouse management system so that goods can be located quickly;
· Upkeep of warehouse lists;
· Arrange collections as set by suppliers or head office;
· Dealing with shippers & consignees phone calls as well as liaising with Head Office;
· Making bookings of cargo upon arrival to warehouse;
· Filing and answering shipper or consignee emails;
· Assisting the Warehouse Manager with Export Trailer Documentation and liaison with Port Agents as applicable;
· Assisting the Warehouse Manager with warehouse duties as and when required, including weekly warehouse checks.
· Any other reasonable duties as allocated by the Warehouse Manager and/or Company Director;
· Working efficiently and effectively as part of a team;
· Maintain high levels of Health and Safety standards;
· Achieve targets and job standards as both set by the Warehouse Manager and Head Office.
· Open communication with the Warehouse Manager;
· Adaptable and flexible in your approach to work;
· Total customer satisfaction (internally and externally) when attending clients, suppliers or any other third parties.
· Any other reasonable duties as set by Head Office
You will need a full 5 year checkable history with no gaps and a clean criminal record check
Must be able to work both efficiently within a small team and independently. Proactive approach with a can do attitude and problem solving skills. Driving and forklift licence would be desirable.
Hours of work 9am to 5pm with overtime if and when necessary to fulfill our loading duties.
* We are only able to accept applications from candidates with previous experience for this role.
If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful.