Established forwarder currently recruiting for an Accounts Assistant - Payables
The Accounts Assistant - Payables, is responsible for payments on assigned accounts, monitor and process supplier invoices, monitor credit terms, Supplier statement reconciliations, produce payment runs, accurately record and allocate payments, communicate with suppliers and operational team mates. This is a senior position where the successful candidate would be running the accounts payable department.
· Produce payment runs
· Contact stations and suppliers regarding supplier invoice exceptions
· Reconcile supplier statements
· Process supplier invoices
· Monitor credit terms
· Record and allocate payments.
· Other duties and responsibilities will be assigned as business demands deem necessary
· A team player who works well with others - being respectful to our teammates is a Core Value!
· A strong work ethic with an appreciation for ownership, independence, accountability and autonomy in your role.
· Growth mindset - being passionate about your craft, always looking for ways to improve yourself and the company, being open to change and doing things differently.
· Customer service focus - we serve a wide variety of customers, both internal and external, and building relationships is a part of our culture!
· Good experience within Accounts payables role and procedures.
· Knowledge and experience of freight forwarding accounting (essential)
· Ability to effectively communicate in an oral and written manner with professionalism while conducting oneself according to policy. Proper grammar, spelling etc. should be reviewed prior to sending written communication.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office (and CargoWise advantageous)
· European language skills advantageous, German preferably
· Car driver
Hours are Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:30
Salary is between GBP26,000 - GBP29,000 depending on experience
* We are only able to accept applications from candidates with previous experience for this role. If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful.