Our client based near Heathrow is currently recruiting for a Customer Service Clerk for their international courier company.
Retail Courier Customer Service experience is ideally required.
Hours: 8am to 7pm
Salary is around GBP18,000 depending on experience
1. Position Overview
Customer service is the first point of contact for customers and most suppliers. Therefore it is essential that the customer service assistant is able to work pro-actively and under pressure.
2. Essential Job Functions
· Answering the telephone
· Responding to emails
· Taking customer bookings
· Arranging insurance
· Liaising with service providers
· Handling customers queries and complaints
· Providing quotes
· Updating AIMS with PODS and any handling reports
3. Non-essential Job Functions
· Contacting customers for commercial invoices
· Contacting customers or agents when there is a problem with the collection or delivery
· Sending off hardcopy PODS to other offices
· As the main point of contact, the role requires somebody who is confident on the phone and remains calm under pressure. The assistant must have a good basic knowledge of countries and be able to advise on areas such as transit times & collection time cut offs.
5. Other Skills/Abilities
· Good knowledge of Word and Excel software
· Italian speaking would be beneficial
· Excellent telephone manner
· Ability to work under pressure
* We are only able to accept applications from candidates with previous experience for this role.
If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful.