Our client is looking for a Trainee, initially to join the Export team and then to move to the Import team after 6 to 9 months.
Good grades and car driver essential.
You will receive training to complete the following
Responsible for the effective co-ordination, progress chasing and management of all required communications specific to the day to day import/export of international freight forwarding shipments, into (Imports) and out of, (Exports) the United Kingdom, across all modes of international transportation, (air, ocean and surface), in line with customer requirements and contractual agreements in place.
· Partner customers to advise, determine and qualify their shipping requirements.
· Obtain details (regulations, certificates, documentation) necessary for a full and
accurate shipment quotation.
· Provide a best in service approach to ensure the customers request is fulfilled and
· Set shipping schedules and communicate with customers, deliverers, and ports to
verify loading, departures and arrivals in a timely manner.
· Coordinate the day to day import and/or export of products, including reviewing orders
· Coordinate recovery/delivery schedules with various cartage agents and international
· Ensure all customers SOP instructions are adhered to and Company KPIs and
guidelines are followed and met.
· Ensure all shipments are properly billed within company guidelines and timelines.
· Other duties and responsibilities will be assigned as business demands deem
· Process and comply with all requirements listed by regulatory agencies.
· Network with corresponding departments to ensure files are billed and posted prior to
end of month
· Continuous learning through required compliance training and certifications of software
The hours are 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday but flexibility is required
Salary GBP18K increased after successful completion of Import and Export training program
* If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful.