Our client is looking for a Transport Manager to join their busy team.
Reporting to the UK Operations Manager daily the Transport Manager will undertake any duties / responsibilities at the request of any Senior Management.
· Responsible for all office staff as well as employed and self-employed drivers
· Ensuring that all emailed enquiries / bookings are dealt with in a timely manner
· Day to day running of the Transport department
· Implement and manage new processes introduced by the management team
· Work with controllers regarding drivers regarding especially; start and finish times, uniform, vehicle cleanliness and vehicle checks
· Maintain working rosters and ensure adequate staffing levels to cover holidays and sickness
· Ensure all vehicle repairs and damages are dealt with and logged
· Previous managerial experience essential - ideally in managing drivers and office staff
· Extensive knowledge of both UK and European road networks
· Experience planning collections / deliveries throughout the UK
· Knowledge and understanding of producing departmental KPI records
· Excellent time management skills
· Good computer skills
· Ability to motivate and lead a team
· Understanding of Courier / Freight operations
Monday to Friday 0900 - 1800
GBP35,000 - GBP45,000 depending upon experience
* We are only able to accept applications from candidates with previous experience for this role.
If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful*