Our customer has a great opportunity available for a Vault Assistant, to join their established team with the smooth running of the vault P.O.D system and warehouse.
Main Responsibilities will include, but are not restricted to:
· Key holder for the strong room.
· Remove shipments from the strong room and warehouse for vehicle loads, ensuring that each seal number is checked against each collection and delivery.
· Receive shipments into the strong room and warehouse depending on size or value, checking seal numbers and blue copy docs, locate as necessary.
· Keep the strong room clean and tidy at all times.
· Complete a daily stock review of the warehouse stock and the strong room stock and liaise with the imports and export departments.
· Review communications from the import/export departments and action as necessary.
· Receive vehicles in and out of the warehouse following specific security instructions.
· Send daily balance sheet to the import/export teams, MIB team & Transport team, to check balance in vault.
· X-Ray export freight.
· Book in customs and sign customs release notes.
· Release goods from Vault.
· Manage changes with imports to exports as per requirements.
· Monitor refuse disposal within the building.
· Meet and greet customers to deal with hand delivered freight
· Undertake additional duties, or assist other members of staff, as may be reasonably requested by your Manager or the Directors.
· Hold a full UK driving licence (essential).
· Have a good knowledge of the English language, both verbal and written (essential).
· Ability to prioritise and organise own workload to tight deadline (essential).
· Strong communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with clients (essential).
· Be a team player, as well as work with members of staff in other departments (essential).
· Have sound knowledge of IT, including Word and Excel (essential).
· A clean criminal record check (essential)
· A full 5-year reference history, with gaps in employment, must be accounted for (essential)
· Hold an X-ray certificate (desirable).
· Have experience of using a CRM system (desirable).
· Experience of transporting valuable goods (desirable).
· Knowledge of the local area (desirable).
Hours: 40 hours per week; Monday to Friday, working rotating shifts: 0600-1500 / 1300-2200, with a one hour break each day
Salary between GBP24,000 - GBP28,000 PA depending on experience
* We are only able to accept applications from candidates with previous experience for this role.
If you do not hear from us your application has been unsuccessful.