Our client is looking for a Warehouse Operative to join their team.
· Monday - Friday
· 100% onsite due to operational requirements
The Warehouse Associate is responsible for facilitating the movement of inbound/outbound cargo from trailers/ocean containers and/or through the warehouse in a safe and efficient manner. The job will require an individual who is dependable, reliable, detail oriented and safety minded who can function in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
· Receiving goods on behalf of customers and suppliers: Offloading and loading vehicles, manual handling, checking paperwork, weighing, measuring, booking in freight, and reporting discrepancies in freight or paperwork, including damages
· Processing export freight in line with CAA regulations
· Processing import freight in line with HMRC requirements
· Operation of forklifts and hand jacks
· Palletization of loose and floor loaded cargo, stretch wrap and/or band
· Unloading/loading of trailers/ocean containers in a professional and damage free manner
· Preparing outbound loads to depart warehouse: Matching paperwork with freight, labelling, ULD preparation and handling
· Accurately signing off shipments, verifying counts and/or damages
· Staging cargo within the warehouse in a safe and orderly manner
· Comprehensive utilization of warehouse booking-in sheets to ensure proper warehouse organization
· Responsible for general housekeeping to ensure warehouse standards of cleanliness and organization are maintained. This may include sweeping, consolidation of product, maintaining inventories and other tasks as needed
· Execute on all expectations surrounding quality per SOP or other customer requirements including reworking or recouping of freight
· Handling of logistics accounts, picking, packing, inventory reporting/stock checks as needed according to client-specific SOP
· Maintains the flow of materials and products in warehouses with varying degrees
· Completion of weekly bond checks
· Executing DFT/CAA procedures and regulations at all times, maintaining building perimeter security and challenging anything or anyone untoward
· Handling of bonded import freight into the ERTS facility in accordance with regulations and breakdown of inbound ULDs as required
· Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
· At least 2 years prior forklift experience, with current up to date certificates.
· 2-3 years minimum experience in a freight forwarding environment
· Previously aviation security trained to level CO
· Familiarity with Waybills, Shipping Manifests, Delivery Orders, etc.
· Possess good physical stamina and coordination. Could be required to stand and/or walk for long periods daily while frequently bending, twisting, reaching and periodically lifting freight in line with H&S requirements
· Proactive, ambitious, hardworking, and analytical mindset
· Ability to work flexible hours and/or days
· Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
· Aviation security training COS or history/experience at this level.
· Current, up to date B2 forklift certificate.
· Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
*If you have not heard back from us within 7 working days please assume you have been unsuccessful*