Shipping Coordinator / Accounts
An excellent Opportunity
1) Negotiating rates and booking freight with Forwarders, Shipping Lines, Airlines, hauliers and Courier companies.
2) Producing all paperwork relevant to each shipment and/or procuring same from appropriate official/commercial source.
3) Producing, checking and presenting all relevant documents against Letters of Credit.
4) Liasing with Bank(s) regarding all aspects of Letters of Credit, including Opening, Amendments, Presentations and Silent Confirmations/Commitments to Negotiate.
5) Issuance of Insurance documents and dealing with all aspects of any claims arising.
6) Dealing with HMRC regarding all matters relating to the International movement of goods, including:- a) Checking Tariff Headings
b) Maintaining all I.P.R. Suspension records, attending to returns and re-applying for Authorisation as required.
c) Advising Forwarders/Carriers of correct details for Customs entries for both imports and exports.
d) Maintaining VAT & Duty Deferment records.
7) Liasing with Warehouses, Factories, Suppliers and Customers to ensure the timely
shipment of all consignments and production and delivery of all relevant documentation.
8) Overseeing/Supervising all aspects of Exportmaster computer program including:-
a) Daily transfer of Invoice to EMS Accounts System
b) Periodic transfer of Stock details to EMS Accounts System.
c) Production of various reports as required.
9) Reviewing and processing purchase invoices. Must be excellent with figures
The successful candidate will have the following attributes and skills:
1. Be commercially aware - constantly questioning transactional profitability and the difference they can make / achieve.
2. Good organisational and time management skills
3. Computer literate - including advance skills in excel and word, email and internet access.
4. Experience gained in a similar role.
5. Flexibility - as a key member of a small team they will be required to assist with a range of other roles. Must have a good eye for detail.
Only candidates with this experience will be considered.