Purchase Ledger Clerk - Job description
· Supplier statement reconciliations and checking for contras
· Working alongside our back office in India regarding purchase ledger (they post all purchase ledger invoices)
· Overseeing back office complete their tasks daily/weekly /monthly in a timely manner highlighting errors and training where necessary
· Chasing operations for pending payable invoices all digitally for weekly/fortnightly /monthly supplier payments
· Supplier payments, post in system/pay in online banking and send remittance advices to suppliers
· Keeping to strict deadlines for payments to suppliers
· Forming good working relationships with supplier contacts.
· Keeping aged creditors tidy and up todate
· Reporting any issues with IT/system to ensure everything is running smoothly
· Month end overview of AP to Accounts Supervisor and Accounts Director
· Daily input of HMRC Fas Entries and payments
Must have purchase ledger experience and advanced knowledge of Excel using pivot tables and V Look up, our client would like the candidate to have freight forwarding or shipping experience.