Our client operates worldwide and can offer a full range of services in the UK, across Europe and Internationally across all trade routes.
We are now seeking an experienced Customs Manager to head up a new department within the company.
· Manage a team to facilitate the movement of goods by Road and Sea on behalf of customers and to ensure that all Customs Activity performed by all departments within the company is to the standard for our AEO accreditation.
· Audit the Customs warehouse(s) to ensure adherence with HMRC procedures and be an advisory on Customs matters for Customs warehouse Sites
· Effectively manage the Customs import and export activity, to ensure adherence with HMRC procedures and clients instructions, this may include CFSP Customs function
· Manage the relevant team members and provide them with direction and support in their roles.
· Assist in managing the companys usage of the deferment with HMRC per calendar month, ensuring the companys limit is sufficient for the business requirements
· Assist in the management for the companys usage of the Community Guarantee over a 7-day period. Ensuring the companys limit is sufficient for the business requirements.
· Review monthly financial reporting.
· Provide guidance and advice for clients on UK Customs operations, with potential visits to VIP clients on behalf of the company.
· Provide monthly KPI reports on activity from the team
· To agree SOPs and SLAs with key customers
· To evaluate and monitor performance of the department
· Assist in the preparation of the annual budget
· Recognised academic qualifications within the Customs Industry
· Previous experience as a Customs Manager
· To maintain an up to date working knowledge of all HMRC and related fiscal matters.
· Ability to manage an administrative and operational customs team.
· Ability to work to deadlines within a pressurised environment.
· Excellent knowledge of the ASM or similar Customs Operating Software used by the company
· Extensive knowledge of both Import and Export HMRC Processes
· Classification of goods using the HMRC Tariff
· Road and Ocean freight operation procedures
· Excellent customer service skills
· Strong numeracy/literacy essential
· Commercially minded
· Highly organised with ability to work under pressure and to deadline
· Problem solving & investigative skills
· Presentation of Documents/Spreadsheets
· Must be fully conversant with Customs applications such as CHIEF, CNS, Destin8, NCTS, NES etc and have a good understanding of ETSF warehouse processes
· Flexible in regard to working hours (some weekend work may be required