Import Customs Supervisor
The Supervisor will be responsible for managing the team on a day-to-day basis, ensuring that the individuals understand their own workflow and the importance of that work flow are, but not limited to
· Ensuring that all clearance processes are completed in a compliant and timely manner.
· The supervisor will ensure that the team work in harmony with other internal departments within the organisation and within the team itself, to ensure all parties are performing to the highest standard with a mindset that customer satisfaction is paramount, ensuring all Customs SLAs are met.
· Overseeing conformance with associated Customs regimes, company policies and procedures and shall deal with non-conformance in line with those procedures. There shall be a close link to the finance department in order that compliance with our clients financial policies and facilities is maintained.
· The achievement of a successful end-to-end shipping process.
· Ensuring the highest standards of customer service, ensuring
· Customs compliance within the team
· Resolving any areas of non-compliance and solving problems in an effective and timely manner
· Managing and motivating the team with effective and open communication, to ensure that they achieve their targets.
· Understand and implement Company policies, procedures and practices in order to correctly manage the team and the business being operated and managed within that team
· Develop strong working knowledge and relationships within the organisation - possess strong networking skills
· Demonstrate experience within an operational Customs environment, managing International Logistics Customs documentation for at least 3 years
· Demonstrate experience of managing HMRC obligations around Customs/import/export
· Numerical skills essential, with excellent data handling and developing others in this area
· Skilled negotiator, communicator and relationship manager when dealing will all parties involved in the import/export Customs process
· Customer focused, both internally with colleagues and externally with clients
· Must be fully conversant with Customs applications such as CHIEF, CNS, Destin8, NCTS, NES etc and have a good understanding of ETSF warehouse processes
· Flexible to hours of work
this role requires a rota for shifts during weekend. can be orgainised to work from home weekends.