Import Export European Road Supervisor - 30k
Key duties and responsibilities:
· Plan all vehicle positions to maximise and cover all offices UK domestic cargo movements from Sprinter Vans to Containers.
· Co-ordinate in house vehicle loading and deliveries to the most effective manner.
· Book vehicles to port for import and export containers.
· Manage key communications between the suppliers and end client.
· Job file created in CargoWise and costs accrued.
· Pre-checks prior to shipment with the haulier.
· Make bookings with subcontracted hauliers, supplying them with our unique subject numbers whilst also seeking confirmation and availability of collection dates.
· Manage the booking and ancillary information with the haulier.
· Requests answered and acknowledged in a timely manner.
· PODs uploaded to completed files.
· Client invoicing.
· Authenticating supplier invoices for agreed rates.
· Keep an up-to-date database of hauliers, rates, routings, and transit times.
· Nurture the supplier relationship ensuring a partnership foundation.
· Ensuring all internal SOPs are followed correctly.
Key skills and experience:
· Computer literate, Microsoft office applications, FF / Logistics system experience.
· Understand and be compliant with transport laws and regulations
· Experience; Relevant industry experience or transferable skills.
· Committed and able to deal with challenging scenarios.
· Flexibility in the workplace.
· Able to adapt to changing priorities & timelines in a fast-paced challenging environment.
· Ability to work well with colleagues or on their own.
· Proactive in actions and communications.
· Able to organise their workload and workspace.
· Able to converse with clients, suppliers, agents, and colleagues in a professional and clear manner.
Key Performance Indicators
· All shipments are actioned in a timely manner and job files raised for every job.
· Job files that are complete do not required amendments.
· Supplier Invoices accrued, checked, and approved for payment.
· Meeting customers transport requests and deadlines.
· Minimal escalations from clients & colleagues.