Export Ocean Team Leader FCL - Essex
The purpose of the role is to manage, develop and lead a customer focused Operational Support Team in providing effective and efficient handling of all customers operational/service requirements, in accordance with organisational policies and procedures, best practice/industry standards, compliance with relevant local, country and international laws and processes; and ensuring the team achieves/maximises Branch Gross Profit Targets.
To ensure the team provides the effective and efficient management of export/import shipments for all our customers to/from global destinations, ensuring they are tracked, monitored and invoiced correctly to the customer, and managed in accordance with best practice/industry standards, organisational policies and procedures, and ensuring compliance with relevant local, country and international laws and processes.
1. To effectively manage the operational team and team members to ensure Gross Profit targets are achieved/maximised, through:
· Ensuring that team members take ownership of the management of their client files, this includes but is not limited to, ensuring the:
- Accurate and timely billing of customers
- Effective and timely management of Income Reserves (AR, COD, and Duty and VAT), Credit Reserves
- Accurate accruing of reserves and timely reversal once costs have been received in
- Ensures rent/demurrage/storage costs, where applicable, are not incurred by the company, through effective and timely management of transport collections and deliveries, or through billing back costs to the customer
- Creditor invoices that do not match the accrual are reviewed and actioned appropriately within our payment terms
- Accurate and timely management of Events into the appropriate transport management system
- Files are closed with all complete and accurate documentation (customs compliance, operational and accounting) - this should include the Team Leader undertaking regular file audits to understand whether further support and training is required
· Ensuring team members maximise Gross Profit targets, whilst delivering customer service excellence, through application of sound Product/Commercial Awareness for all shipments at each stage of their journey - quotation, booking, processing, delivery and closing of the file
· To ensure they and their team work closely with the Operational Controller to ensure that financial reports for the branch are reflective of activity, and where issues are identified, appropriate corrective action is taken.
Regularly reviews with their team, performance achievements against Gross Profit targets and KPIs, ensuring issues are identified quickly, and appropriate activities/interventions put in place to address issues. Where team member performance issues are identified, provide appropriate coaching and training/development to ensure performance gap is addressed.