Our client a Freight Forwarder based in Tilbury is looking for a European Export Operator to join their busy team.
European operator - to mainly deal with exports to Germany, liaising with suppliers and partners to deliver a high level of service to our clients so their expectations are met and where possible exceeded. Extensive knowledge of European Groupage trailers/part load and vehicle planning essential. Ideally have good geographical knowledge of Germany.
· Maintain and develop relationships with customer.
· To meet deadlines/requirements as per client requests.
· Monitor Supplier performance.
· Good file management and attention to detail.
· Prepare Quotations in accordance with clients request.
· Booking vehicles with subcontractors in accordance with requirement
· Complete required consignment documentation.
· Complete Customs documents for 3rd Country transits (EX1)
· Knowledge of Import / Export customs procedures for non EC cargo
· Be able to Calculate load space required
· Charging of own files
· Assisting Colleagues during staff absences / holidays
· Excellent communication verbal, written and interpersonal skills
· Commercial awareness - right service provider for task/job.
· Positive, can do attitude
· Experienced with Microsoft Office packages e.g. word, excel, PowerPoint
· Strong literacy and numeracy skills.
· On time delivery focused.
· Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise.
· Attention to detail
· Strong team ethic and share knowledge
The hours of work are Monday to Friday 9am - 5:30pm.
The successful candidate will receive a salary up to GBP30,000 depending on experience.