1. Liaise with customers and other departments during the booking process ensuring all bookings are handled in accordance with agreed procedures and payment terms.
2. Assist with placing of bookings with respective shipping line / carrier / agent.
3. Liaise with customers to ensure correct documentation is received for shipment and forwarded to the shipping lines as necessary.
4. Ensure shipping lines have instruction for bills of lading and UCR references in a timely manner.
5. Ensure customer has received copy of draft bill of lading for approval and send approval to shipping line.
6. Allocation of incoming payments.
7. Ensure the booking has been invoiced correctly by shipping line as per contract rates or other spot rates as appropriate.
8. Work closely with our clients departments such as Traffic and Accounts to ensure that invoices have been paid before bills of lading are dispatched.
9. Import operations (obtaining charges from line, sending endorsed bills and cheques to shipping line, container release requests, liaising with customer and all other areas not listed).
Be an integral part of the development of our clients operation and the general development of our client.
Experience gained with a Freight forwarding / Logistics organisation dealing with multimodal Export shipments.
Working knowledge and understanding of Customs clearance.
Professional & friendly manner with customers and other staff members.
Competent with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications.
Commercial Awareness, Education GCSE standard with good communications skills written and verbally.