FCL Operator/Documentation - Commodities
Monday - Friday 0900 -1730
· Prime duty is to receive export bookings from our customers and process these bookings in line with KPI requirements and meeting our customers expectations
· All procedures and time frames to be followed as per agreed workflows and must be adhered to at all times.
· Full understanding of operational requirements relating to Ocean Export Bookings.
· Good communication and customer service skills in ensuring our internal / external customer is kept fully informed at all stages of the Export booking process and entirely satisfied with company service offered
· Imperative to meet customer expectations and KPIs
· To ensure that the customer is invoiced accurately and within expected company timeframe.
· To ensure all export documentation is issued in accordance to customers instructions including issuance in good time in line with expected standards
· Full understanding of Industry Standard Documentation and regulations
· To ensure that once all shipment processes are completed that all expected costs are in line with expected profit levels
· Ensuring any financial discrepancies including loss making shipments are investigated and reported to your line manager immediately.
· Maintaining financial awareness as well as business acumen at all times
Experience / Knowledge
· Good understanding within the Freight forwarding industry. Competent with general freight forwarding requirements and procedures relating to Ocean exports
· Preferably 2 years experience within the freight forwarding Industry, with a minimum of 1 years experience
· Able to work well within a team and have good communication skills.
· Ability to be flexible, approachable and understanding to satisfy customer needs.
· Ability to prioritise workloads in order to ensure efficiency gains
· Willing to go the extra mile and customer service driven
· Minimum GCSE standard in English and Maths (or equivalent) essential.