Import Export Seafreight Coordinator
· Ensure all Sea Import/Export jobs are completed correctly and in a timely manner
· Ensure all customs declaration import and export are completed correctly and in a timely manner
· Report immediately to the line manager any amendments to customs declarations
· Ensure the operational system is always used correctly.
· Provide support and holiday coverage for the local staff when required.
· Maintain regular communications with the network and sales team
· Report any sales lead (new clients /handover shipment/etc. ) to the line manager for distribution to the sales team
· Create and propose SOPs for any regular business.
· Provide quotation to the sales team / clients and network within 2 hours of receipt and report to Line manager
· Ensure one format for quotations and a recording system is in place for all quotes for Sea.
· Look and propose new efficiencies in customer work flow and discuss with sales person if allocated or line manager
· Ensure all the staff have enough work and measure their activities Monthly
· always Maintain high standards of personal quality, Health & Safety and professionalism and actively promote all company policies and procedures
always Represent the company in the best possible light
· Ensure all reports are always completed as per deadline provided
· Ensure the SOPs are followed completely
Handle any mode of transport if required to do so and instructed by the line manager
· Ensure that all invoicing/job costing is done within 48 hours of departure or arrival of the goods, unless otherwise agreed with the line manager, weekly report as agreed.
· Look and propose new efficiencies in customer work flow (financial)
· Ensure that all goods under our clients deferment account are approved for deliver with accounts or line manager or an agreement must be place on SOP or quotes
· Passing invoices from suppliers and providers within 48 hours from receipt
· Ensure Insurance is charged correctly
· Ensure insurance claims are given to the claims department immediately
· Propose and report to Line Manager Strategies related to the Sea products
· Extensive experience in all aspects of the Sea Freight industry
Specific knowledge/skills required
· Specific knowledge of Sea operations
· Knowledge of international trade agreements, compliance, legislation