LCL Freight Operator - Urgent Permanent Role,
· Prime duty is to receive bookings form our internal customer service teams & overseas offices & process in our in house system for shipment as LCL.
· All procedures and time frames to followed as per agreed workflows & must be adhered to at all times.
· Meet all Company KPI targets and deadlines on a daily basis.
· Any potential system problems must be advised to your manager immediately
· Customer service teams and Overseas offices to be kept up to date at all times with confirmations and advised of any delays or issues in relation to their shipment.
· To ensure that all charges entered are correct as per agreed tariff and/or quotations.
· Ensuring any negative discrepancies are investigated and reported to your manager immediately.
Experience / Knowledge
· Good understanding within the Freight forwarding industry. Competent with general freight forwarding requirements and procedures relating to Ocean exports particularly LCL
· Able to work well within a team and have good communication skills. Able to be flexible, approachable and understanding to satisfy customer needs.
· Ability to prioritise workloads in order to ensure efficiency gains
· Minimum GCSE standard in English and Maths (or equivalent) essential.
Must have a Freight Forwarding background.