Ocean Operations Clerks x 2
To oversee and respond to daily operational needs of customers, colleagues and suppliers to
facilitate the daily operation of the branch and to provide the best possible service.
Key duties and responsibilities:
· To handle daily import and export operations for our Basildon client base.
· Prepare and submit Customs entries.
· To liaise with clients in relation to documentation, delivery and charges, if required.
· To respond to any clients in a timely manner.
· Quotations for clients and overseas agents
· Load jobs onto CW1.
· Monitor ETA and advise of any changes.
· To manage any account allocated to you, not only on import operations, but also 3rd Party Logistics pick/pack customers.
· Arrange releases, BOL lodgement and payment of charges in a timely manner.
· Complete Customer Status Reports on Excel.
· Ensure customer has all required docs, ie PODs, copy C88 etc.
· Invoice jobs in a timely manner.
· Work closely with Branch offices and Basildon Warehouse operations.
· Any other reasonable task as defined by the Branch Manager.
· Good telephone manner.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Able to converse with clients, suppliers, agents and colleagues in a professional and clear manner.
· Computer literate, Microsoft office applications. Cargo Wise (preferred)
· Committed and able to deal with challenging scenarios.
· Flexibility in the workplace.
· Supportive of an evolving workplace.
· Proactive in actions and communications.
· Able to organise their workload and workspace.
· Diligent and accurate.
· Knowledge of HMRC Entry Software.
· Knowledge of HMRC Tariff and Procedures.
· Knowledge of Port Inventory Control Systems.
Key Performance Indicators
· Customer feedback.
· Exception reports on CW1.
· Internal Audits.
· Regular Appraisals.
Hours mon- fri 9.00am to 5.30pm
30 days holidays includ bank hols