Import LCL Ocean Operator
· Manage import process start to finish via Topaz system
· Liaise with UK warehouses/clearing agents to achieve devan target of 2 working days from vessel arrival
· Send NOA and invoices to UK importers prior to shipments arriving
· Ensure cost estimates are entered on all jobs within the correct accounting month
· Check purchase invoices are correct on receipt. Pass all correct invoices for payment and dispute anything that is not as agreed.
· Ensure all operational issues are clearly documented in writing, keeping supervisor in copy of all correspondence
· Access invoice queries on a daily basis via Topaz, resolve any queries and forward anything that is on your list in error to correct party
· Close files after checking everything has been charged/costed and maximum profitability is achieved
· Keep clients SOPs updated
· Answer telephone in a timely manner
Must have previous experience within import freight forwarding.