Import Ocean Coordinator
You will support the team to maintain and build proactive relationships with our partners, clients and colleagues across the business to help achieve commercial targets and objectives.
Responsibilities as our Sea Freight - Import Commercial Coordinator will include:
· Manage the day to day commercial administration of the contracts, including preparing internal and external reports and representing the company at client meetings.
· Build and maintain a good working relationship with internal and external clients
· Managing reports and providing clients with regular updates on costs, opportunities and contract performance.
· Identify new business leads
· Good and proven negotiation skills
· Ability to meet tight reporting deadlines ensuring a 24 hour turnaround
· Supporting our Sales Team
· Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
· Occasional overnight travel is essential to visit clients and our other sites.
· Liaise with clients and overseas origin partners, handling bookings and sea schedules into the UK
What were looking for in our Sea Freight - Import Commercial Coordinator:
· At least 2 years experience within a similar position
· Ability to communicate effectively in a wide range of contexts both verbally and in writing
· Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team
· Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook
· Excellent attention to detail
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Proven ability to prioritise workload and meet tight deadlines
must have previous Import forwarding experience