Import Operator/Customs Clearance
£28000 - £30000
Import Operator/ Customs Clearance
· Liaising with overseas partners/agents.
· Contacting clients to obtain all information/paperwork relating to current import shipments.
· Checking paperwork received meets with requirements to grant release.
· Raising sales Invoices, allocation of costings for suppliers invoices.
· Liaising with carriers and UK depots to arrange for devanning of containers and releases / deliveries to door as required.
· Quoting of rates to clients / overseas agents, as per company tariffs.
· Loading of data into Freight system - Cargowise.
· good experience of customs entries
· Having used cargo wise previously would be a bonus
· used destin8 and CNS
· have good understanding of various customs procedures, IPR, British return, GSP / ATR preferences, C21 entries, personal effects, home-use.
· have good understand of classification codes, able to identify a product and help consignees to classify when required to do so
· knowing how to amend customs entries, complete C285 forms, post clearance amendments, current month amendments
· be able/ willing to contact shipping lines, ERTS warehouses chasing when cargo will be manifested if not already done so
· invoicing / costing all customs duty, vat, deferment fees
· ability to complete customs entries in a timely manner, ensuring they are kept up to date ahead of vessels arriving
· High levels of customer service essential, with the ability to maximise file profitability.
· A general understanding of Import customs clearance procedures.
· Good team communication skills both telephone and written.
· High level of accuracy in all work undertaken.
· Team player.