Import Export Team Leader Freight Forwarder
Supervision and guidance to our growing shipping team specialising in African and Middle East markets primarily (Import & Export). This is inclusive but not limited to documentation, customs entries, releases & deliveries and invoicing.
Interaction with customers, team members and all internal departments including Sales, Transport & Accounts.
1. Liaise with customers and other departments during the booking process ensuring all bookings are handled in accordance with agreed procedures and payment terms.
2. Assist with placing of bookings with respective shipping line / carrier / agent.
3. Liaise with customers to ensure correct documentation is received for shipment and forwarded to the shipping lines as necessary.
4. Ensure shipping lines have instruction for bills of lading and UCR references in a timely manner.
5. Ensure customer has received copy of draft bill of lading for approval and send approval to shipping line.
6. Allocation of incoming payments.
7. Ensure the booking has been invoiced correctly by shipping line as per contract rates or other spot rates as appropriate.
8. Work closely with our clients departments such as Traffic and Accounts to ensure that invoices have been paid before bills of lading are dispatched.
9. Experience gained with a Freight forwarding / Logistics organisation dealing with multimodal Export / Import shipments.
10. Working knowledge and understanding of Customs compliance and clearance matters.
11. Professional & friendly manner with customers and other staff members.
12. Competent with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office applications.
13. Well organised and able to manage own workload whilst supervising and assisting other team members.