Road Transport Operator
To coordinate and manage all Road Transport on behalf of our client, in a compliant, efficient,
and effective manner ensuring appropriate communications internally and externally.
Key duties and responsibilities:
· Assist with daily / weekly full load trailer planning.
· Book vehicles to port for import and export containers.
· Co-ordinate in house vehicle loading and deliveries to the most effective manner.
· Email coordination with agents, shippers, and consignees for the movement of freight.
· Quotation requests answered and acknowledged in a timely manner.
· Quote request to a minimum of 3 hauliers to gain best price and service.
· Process accepted quotes within a reasonable timeframe and confirm back to client.
· Job file created in CargoWise and costs accrued.
· Make bookings with hauliers, supplying them with our unique subject numbers whilst also seeking confirmation and availability of collection dates.
· Manage the booking and ancillary information with the haulier.
· Pre-checks prior to shipment with the haulier.
· Manage key communications between the suppliers and end client.
· PODs sent to the customer.
· Promotion of additional services to clients.
· Client invoicing.
· Authenticating supplier invoices for agreed rates.
· Keep an up-to-date database of hauliers, rates, routings and transit times.
· Nurture the supplier relationship ensuring a partnership foundation.
· Meeting haulage sales res / account manager periodically.
· Dealing with general enquiries.
· Ensuring all internal SOPs are followed correctly.
· Computer literate, Microsoft office applications, FF / Logistics system experience.
· Customs clearance knowledge.
· Experience; Relevant industry experience or transferable skills.
· Committed and able to deal with challenging scenarios.
· Flexibility in the workplace.
· Able to adapt to changing priorities & timelines in a fast-paced challenging environment.
· Ability to work well with colleagues or on their own.
· Supportive of an evolving workplace.
· Empathetic to internal / external colleagues.
· Proactive in actions and communications.
· Able to organise their workload and workspace.
· Able to converse with clients, suppliers, agents and colleagues in a professional and clear manner.
Key Performance Indicators
· All shipments are actioned in a timely manner and job files raised for every job.
· Accrued costs match up with supplier invoices.
· Job files that are complete do not required amendments.
· Invoices completed daily.
· Meeting customers requests and deadlines.
Minimal escalations from clients & colleagues
Please note must have own transport, to get to the office.