We are currently recruiting for the following exciting vacancy:-
Ramp Agent / Baggage Handlers to work at Gatwick Airport.
Temporary, Temporary to Permanent and Permanent positions available.
The role involves providing a high level of service and accuracy to support aircraft turnarounds, whilst presenting a professional corporate image, ensuring that all company procedures are adhered to, total customer satisfaction and a significant contribution to the team is achieved. Full training is provided for this vacancy.
You MUST meet the following criteria to apply:-
· 5 Years UK checkable history (employment and/or education and/or unemployment)
· No unspent Criminal Convictions (subject to the rehabilitation of offenders act)
· Full Manual UK/EU Driving Licence (Max 6 points, free of and Drink Drive and Insurance Convictions)
· Min 18 years of age
Key responsibilities, duties and attributes of a Ramp Agent / Baggage Handler:-
· Airside driving to transport baggage and cargo between terminal buildings and aircraft.
· Working indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions to sort, load and unload cargo and baggage to and from the aircraft.
· Working as a team member in a manual environment that involves continuous heavy lifting.
· Driving large vehicles airside (training provided) and working with mechanical equipment such as baggage belts, high loaders and scissor lifts.
· Communicate effectively with fellow team members.
· Have a flexible approach to work including flexibility to work a variety of hours and shifts.
· You must have excellent attention to detail along with good standard of numeracy and literacy and be able to communicate fluently (written and oral) in English.
· Starting Salary - GBP18,000 to GBP23,000 depending on experience (including shift pay and bonus)
· Hours - 37.5 hours per week (overtime as and when required) you will be required to working between 04.00 and 23.30 including weekends an bank holidays.
· Shifts - You will be required to be flexible to work a selection of shift patterns that could include - 4 on 4 off, 5 on 2 off and 6 on 3 off.