Customs Clearance Administrator
Working on a major new project for our client, you will be responsible for the administration of clearance jobs; entering data into Cargowise customs software, in a timely fashion, with careful attention to detail, and following the process through to invoicing the customers and client.
1. Managing pre-alerts received from the client by email.
2. Manually entering the data into Cargo Wise, adding in all the relevant information, paying careful attention to detail.
3. Arrange for the billing out of Duty & VAT via Cargo Wise to the correct parties.
4. Checking that the customers are paying in advance for the service and that all billing to the Client is processed in a timely fashion.
5. Building strong working relationships with your team, offering support where required to ensure all work is completed within set timescales.
6. Any other duties and responsibilities that may be agreed from time to time
Formal review (through performance review and one to one meetings)
Skills, experience and behaviours
· Experience of working in an office environment completing data entry tasks is essential
· Experience of accounting and invoicing is desirable but not essential
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
· Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related business and communication tools.
· Excellent organisational and time management skills.
· Meticulous attention to detail.
· Ability to accurately follow instructions.
· Ability to build relationships and work as an integral part of the team.
Salary Negotiable, According to Experience